Friday 14 September 2012

Finally, a first post

Hello everyone,

Sorry this post has taken so long, I had a lot of stuff to do in a very little amount of time. It's probably for the best anyway, if I had been able to post anytime sooner it would have probably been an angry one.


So to save on time, I'll summarize the events of the past few days.


Sept 9th-arrival: Went to move into apartment at 7:30 pm. Landlord not there. Dad and I sat outside and ate pizza for 2 hours. Not amused.


Sept 10th: Went on a walking tour, met some Canadians and Germans. No longer alone!


Sept 11th: It's weird to be in a place where the whole 9/11 events don't seem huge. It wasn't mentioned anywhere, but back home it's the only thing talked about on the news. Went to NoName Bar- had a tequila beer (verdict= meh)


Sept 12th: Courses here are SUPER confusing. There is absolutely no uniformity. Waited in line for 2 hours to get my student card. Opened a bank account. Walking tour of Grenoble.


Sept 13th: Went to Ikea with Dad and finally got  cellphone! Went to concert on campus. It was pretty cool, first some folksy band, then rapper, then dub step.


Sept 14th: Mainly been on my computer at school as I still don't have internet access back at home.


That's pretty much the main stuff. I'll try to post more often so to include more funny and intricate stuff.


Fun Facts:  

-Can't find bagels in France! (Insert sound of my heart breaking)
-They take 2 hour lunch breaks and close down everything
-There is no such thing as too much paperwork
-You might as well take up smoking before you come. Everyone here smokes, a lot. I'm positive I will die of second hand smoke before the year ends.

3 comments:

  1. Monkey Face:

    :( No bagels!!!! What is the little jewish girl to do? Eat Baguettes and Brie I say.

    Please don't die of second hand smoke - we would miss you.

    2 hour lunch - yippee. It should be like that all over the world I say.

    Glad that you have met new people and have made friends. Have fun and be safe. Enjoy your classes on Monday.

    Speak with you soon.

    Mummy xoxo <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad here - Thanks for leaving out the emotional goodbye! Would not want to ruin my tough guy image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daddy was completely stone faced

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message...or don't, whatever.